Chocolate Éclair Torte
This is a recipe that was given to me by my mother-in-law. If you’ve read my book, “Dottie” is modeled after her. She actually did use the phrase “Shitbird” and we all loved her for it.
This recipe makes enough for a 9×13 pan and it’s always requested at all my family gatherings. It’s extremely easy to make and requires no baking.
1 box of graham crackers
2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages vanilla instant pudding
3 1⁄2 cups milk
8 ounces whipped topping
1 tub of chocolate frosting
- Grease the bottom of a of 9×13 pan and line the bottom with the graham crackers.
- Mix pudding and milk.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Pour a layer of pudding mixture over crackers.
- Add another layer of crackers, then pudding mix again then final layer of crackers.
- Spread chocolate frosting over top. Works best if you microwave it first for 15 seconds so it can just pour over the layer of graham crackers.
- Chill in refrigerator overnight.